Friday, June 17, 2011 | By: GirlsWannaRead

Abandoned Books

     There have been several posts on other book blogs (see here) lately about abandoned books - books you just can't finish. I normally don't give up on a book. I put so much effort into choosing them that I'm almost certain to like them.
     If you've read any of our posts or our lists of books read in 2010, you'll know that I've recently become a fan of Iris Murdoch. I've read The Sea, The Sea, The Book and the Brotherhood, The Sandcastle, and The Bell, to name a few. Last week, I started reading The Red and the Green, which is about Irish rebellion. I made it to page 180, but I couldn't read another page! Unlike her other books, this focuses on political issues to the point that they detracted from the emphasis on characters and relationships that she explores so well in her other works.
     Maybe I'll pick it up again someday.  I'd love to hear from anyone who has read The Red and The Green and enjoyed it.

- Frances

0 comments:

Post a Comment